Blue Coral Boat Rental LLC
Terms & Conditions
Revision: August, 2021
1) Included in the rental fee is the use of our exclusive map and destination guide. Our guide has charts of the local waterways and Cape Coral Canals along with information on local points of interest.
2) As a service, we also offer on the water instruction. This service is available upon request for an additional hourly charge of $100. This is an optional service for those with some boating experience but is highly recommended for beginners. The instructional is a requirement if you do not have any boating experience at all.
3) We charge an additional fee for boat cleaning should the boat be returned in an extremely filthy condition, especially if used for fishing, then a cleaning charge not to exceed $50 per hour will be assessed.
4) We also provide delivery and pick up to your dock for multi-day rentals only with a three-day rental minimum. South Cape Coral, Fort Myers and St. James City – $100, Fort Myers Beach & Sanibel – $200. These charges include fuel used to get the boat to your location and back to one of our locations. Please note: We do not deliver to North Cape Coral due to water conditions. North Cape Coral renters can get a slip at Cape Harbour Marina for a nominal charge and do their boating from there. Boating in the Matlacha Pass is prohibited.
Boats rented to a house directly on the river must have a boat lift able to lift the rented boat out of the water. Boats are not allowed to stay alongside a dock at the river to prevent damage to the boat. This need to be checked by the renter before booking the boat and is thus therefore the responsibility of the renter. If at delivery the lift is not operational, not designed for the rented boat, or not able to lift the boat due to any circumstance. The boat can’t be delivered and checked in. The lost time/days of the boat to the renter are non-refundable as this is the renter’s responsibility during booking the boat.
5) Renters can ask and use fishing rods for free during their boat rental. If a fishing rod comes back damaged, a $50 damage fee for each damaged fishing rod will be hold from the security deposit.
6) If not booked online, a $100 deposit plus tax is required to hold your reservation and is non-refundable. Full rental price is due 30 days prior to the rental. We accept Visa, MasterCard, … If booked online, your reservation is non-refundable if cancelled within 30 days of reservation date. A full refund minus $100 for administrative expenses will be provided if renter cancels in writing one calendar month or more prior to the rental start date. No refund will be given if cancellation is received less than one calendar month before the rental start date. Cancellations on the day of the reservation will be charged the full rental fee. No refund will be provided for any rental days once the rental has commenced. Bad weather is force majeure and does not release the full rent payment. If possible, bad weather days are attached to the rental period. No refund for early return of the boat by the renter, whatever reason.
7) All of our boats are insured with $1,000,000 third party liability insurance with a $2500 deductible and complete hull damage insurance with a deductible of $1,000 to $2,500 depending on the craft. There is no additional charge for this insurance, however, lessee will be responsible for the deductible should a claim need to be submitted. With regard to multi-day rentals, operation of the vessel is only permitted between sunrise and sunset. Operation of our vessels in waves greater than 3 feet or depths less than 2 feet, is considered irresponsible and negligent and therefore is renter’s responsibility for all catastrophic damages that may occur. Theft is the sole responsibility of the renter. Boating when a “Small Craft Advisory” has been issued is not advised and on renters full liability if doing so.
8) All U.S. Coast Guard required Safety Equipment is onboard plus a first aid kit, GPS, depth finder, 2 anchors, fenders, dock lines and local charts. Notwithstanding this equipment, renter warrants that renter will keep the craft less than 3 miles offshore under all circumstances. Renter is liable for all consequences of failing to do so.
9) Fuel, oil, and taxes are not included in the boat price. Fuel or fuel cost is the responsibility of the renter. Only Non-Ethanol fuel to be used from a marine gas station. Receipts of refueling may be asked at check-out. Failure of doing so may result in holding your security deposit. If boat is not returned with the same fuel level as delivered, $150 will be held from the security deposit.
10) Mandatory towing service insurance costs $30 for any duration of one week or less, additional weeks are $30 each.
11) The boating laws of the state require that the person operating a boat should not be under the influence of intoxicants. The legal limit of the blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.08% and if arrested for a higher BAC, harsh penalties may be imposed on the operator, based on the severity of the offense as well as the previous number of such convictions. Blue Coral Boat Rental LLC cannot be liable if renter is found under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants.
12) All Renters must be at least 25 years of age or older with some boating experience. To operate a motorboat of 10 horsepower or greater, Florida law requires anyone who was born on or after Jan. 1, 1988, to successfully complete an approved boater safety course and obtain a Boating Safety Education Identification Card issued by the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission. A boat rental will be denied without refund if the card cannot be shown if mandatory. Exemptions include:
A) A person licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard to serve as master of a vessel.
B) A nonresident who has in his or her possession proof that he or she has completed a NASBLA – approved boater safety course or equivalency examination from another state. Approved courses can be found at http://myfwc.com/boating/safetyeducation/courses/
13) Half day rentals are 4 hours which are free to choose between 8:30am to 4:30pm. Day rentals are from 8:30am to 4:30pm and our long-term rental hours are from 8:30am on the first day to 4:30pm on the last day. If you are more than 30 minutes late for your scheduled reservation and our office has not heard from you, your reservation will be canceled without a credit. Late fees of $50 per half hour will be charged if returning later than the designated time.
14) The maximum number of people occupying the boat is 8 or 15 depending which boat has been reserved.
15) All boats are equipped with trackers for safety and security purposes.
16) Boats equipped with a waste tank need to be emptied by the renter before check out of the boat. We will provide all information of location and procedure of emptying. Failure to do so will result in a $200 charge from the security deposit.
READ THE FOLLOWING BOLD PARAGRAPHS CAREFULLY:
17) Exculpation of Blue Coral Boat Rental, LLC and Roelens Vacations: BLUE CORAL BOAT RENTAL, LLC AND ROELENS VACATIONS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO RENTER FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, DEATH, OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR TO PROPERTY ARISING FROM THE USE OF BLUE CORAL BOAT RENTAL, LLC’S EQUIPMENT, OR ANY PART THEREOF, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES RESULT FROM A NATURAL FORCE OR FROM THE ACT OR NEGLIGENCE OF AN OFFICER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF BLUE CORAL BOAT RENTAL, LLC, ROELENS VACATIONS OR FROM A THIRD PARTY. RENTER SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS BLUE CORAL BOAT RENTAL, LLC AND ROELENS VACATIONS FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, COST, OR EXPENSE WHICH MAY BE SUSTAINED BY, OR IMPOSED BY LAW UPON, BLUE CORAL BOAT RENTAL, LLC OR ROELENS VACATIONS ON ACCOUNT OF ANY SUCH LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY TO THE RENTER OR THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: BOATING RELATED INJURIES AND THE RISKS INHERENT IN THE USE AND RENTAL OF WATERCRAFT, ACTS OF GOD, INJURY AND DISEASE FROM MARINE LIFE OR EXPOSURE TO THE ELEMENTS, NEGLIGENCE (INCLUDING PRODUCTS LIABILITY), THEFT, AND TERRORISM OR OTHER INTENTIONAL ACTIVITY. “Third party” specifically includes but is not limited to any guests and passengers of the craft, whether or not intended as such by Renter. To effectuate these provisions, Blue Coral Boat Rental, LLC, shall have the benefit of any applicable insurance that may be affected or carried by Renter or any third party.
18) Assumption of the Risk: Renter acknowledges that operation of watercraft is an inherently dangerous activity. RISKS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: SLIPPING OR FALLING ON DOCKS, LAUNCHES, AND BOAT DECKS; DROWNING; EXPOSURE TO THE ELEMENTS; EXPOSURE TO HARMFUL ORGANISMS; INCLEMENT WEATHER; HYPOTHERMIA, TERMINAL DEHYDRATION, SUNSTROKE, OR STARVATION; LOSS OF ORIENTATION OR BALANCE; AND OTHER UNANTICIPATED EVENTS. Further, AS A CONDITION TO PARTICIPATING IN THIS WATERCRAFT RENTAL, RENTER PERSONALLY ASSUMES THE RISKS INHERENT IN SUCH ACTIVITY FOR ANY HARM, INJURY OR DAMAGE THAT MAY BEFALL RENTER OR THIRD PARTIES WHILE, BOARDING, USING, POSSESSING, AND RETURNING THE WATERCRAFT. RENTER FURTHER HOLDS BLUE CORAL BOAT RENTAL, LLC AND ROELENS VACATIONS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR LAWSUIT ARISING OUT OF SUCH RISKS.
19) Renter understands and acknowledges that the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital, that this is a legally binding document, and that Renter has signed this document freely.
20) Severability: If any portion of this agreement is unenforceable/inapplicable it is severed from the agreement such that the remainder of the agreement remains enforceable.
21) Should the renter fail to pay any amounts due under this agreement and the matter is referred to an outside agency for collection the renter agrees to be responsible for all collection costs including reasonable attorney’s fees.
22) Limited Damage Waiver Terms and Conditions: Renter has the option to choose the Limited Damage Waiver of $99. Renter must immediately report any damages to Blue Coral Boat Rental LLC. Included in the Limited Damage Waiver is; damages to or losses of anchor, life jackets, fenders, ropes, flares, first aid kid, navigation chart, boat hook, fishing rods, paddle. Small hull damages which can be repaired for less than $1.000 (repair costs need to be determined by an expert and accepted by the insurance company before decision is made to include costs in the Limited Damage Waiver). Engine, GPS, Fish finder and major hull damages are not included in the Limited Damage Waiver.
Damage resulting from the following are not covered:
• Acts of God
• Damages or missing items due to theft
• Intentional Acts of an authorized renter or passengers
• Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct by a Covered renter
• Damage caused by someone other than an authorized renter
• Any cause, if not reported upon discovery to staff in writing by the time the covered renter checks out of the unit
• Normal wear and tear
• Damage caused by any animal, motor vehicle, watercraft, cigarettes, or any other cause which constitutes breach of this agreement. All waivers of damage will be administered by staff. Such staff will have the sole authority to determine the nature and extent of damages, necessary repairs, and eligibility for the waiver of liability described herein. The covered renter must report any damage to the boat or its contents to staff upon discovery or coverage will be void. The staff has ultimate claim administration authority.
By booking a boat you agree that you have read and agree to the entire Terms & Conditions front and back. You acknowledge and agree that Blue Coral Boat Rental LLC will hold a security deposit of $1000 to $2500 (depending on which boat) to be paid cash at check-in of the boat. You acknowledge that no additional authorization is necessary to deduct from the deposit the cost of any damages to the boat or Boat Lift/Dock that occur during its rental.